Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not Short, Just Otherwise Engaged


From "Christian's Bangin' Blog"
      This week's entry is going to be fairly concise as I will be focusing on other projects and commenting on other blogs (...maybe even promoting the "p1c3" idea!)  I STILL need to complete the next article for Doin' Sh*t With Pat and write the inaugural entry for the writing prompt at Monthly Writing Prompt.  I also have a half written companion for a movie review of "Midnight in Paris".

     Also... I went to a rock show last week that brought back several fond memories of concerts, late night hangouts and record stores (ah... record stores).  It was the first time I had a chance to see "The Darkness" in Portland, and they did NOT disappoint! 

Check out their new single here: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us



     Well with that said, I'm going to be working on a few different blog articles this week.  There are a few projects that I've been keeping on the back burner for a few weeks since I turned my focus to this blog.  For all intensive purposes, I missed the intent of last week's article by not focusing my time/schedule to get everything written and posted.  Although, I am trying to become a better writer through discipline and exercise and what better way to learn than from a few minor setbacks.
     This is arbitrary, but by splitting my time and focusing elsewhere, I am not abandoning this blog but rather, acquiring new material.  I will be writing about home projects, writing for prompts and spreading the word about this blog.  I will not be idle; I will be progressing on a different track: multiple plate spinning.


...well not actually spinning plate, but metaphorically I will be focusing on getting several different tasks completed while maintaining a social life.  This week's task may come to a shattering end like a dropped plate, but I'll never know how far I can push myself unless I take that first "spin".

     Thanks again for reading this Forcing the Issue.  Please take a moment and rate this or previous entries with the options below.  If one of the selections does not fit, please leave a comment with your notes - I need feedback for better writing.  Thanks for taking part in the process.

Patrick


Next Week: My Nemisis - Past vs. Present Tense

No comments:

Post a Comment