Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Motivational Deficit

From "Must... use POWERS!"
     So I've had a little problem with motivation of late that no amount of passion and drive has been able to surmount.  I planned on writing about several of the projects I've completed for Doin' Sh*t With Pat, but family, work, prior commitments and a plethora of good movies seem wear my resolve.  That might have sounded like a humble-brag, but it was only intended to be the defining variable in this experiment in disciplined writing.  (P.S. I am really looking forward to the Avengers and the start of a summer of killer movies!)

     For instance, last week I had planned on writing on Saturday and Sunday afternoon for Doin' Sh*t With Pat, Forcing The Issue and the d20 Adventure.  I had completed the projects, chores and requisite pleasantries but ran out of time as the weekend drew to a close.  Whether it was poor planning or my undisciplined time expenditure, it is a constant thorn in my side to have writing projects unwritten, unfinished or simply forgotten.
     That brought me back to my Time Log and analyzing some of the variables I did not previously include.

- I do not have children, but I do have a large family whom I visit regularly.  (Relatives, In-Laws, Friends, Church Family, Co-Workers, etc.)

- My work shift changed from an early morning with one weekday free to a mid-shift with weekends free (It's sort of a mixed blessing after 15 years of working weekends.)

- A few years ago I changed careers, moving from a more physical environment to a more technical workplace.  (I never realized how draining troubleshooting and speaking with customers over the phone for 8 hours a day could REALLY be...)

     So it sounds like I am complaining and making excuses; I am, but I am also trying to figure out Why I keep shooting myself in the foot?  Why I have failed to complete a simple first draft of the Kids' Christmas Book?  Why I have only an outline for the d20 Adventure?  I miss the days when I worked in construction... there were fewer questions - hahaha


Thanks again for reading my blog.  Next Week I will have an update on some REAL progress for the d20 Adventure and the status of the deadlines set in January.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment