Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Monthly Writing Prompt and Drafting

     This week I decided to start posting on Monthly Writing Prompt to better connect with other writers and create a practice space.  I will be writing for the other prompts as well and posting them on the Monthly Writing Prompt page. 
     Now, as the title of this post states, I am currently drafting a few portions of the d20 Adventure.  This brought to mind an organizational challenge that I wrestle with during each and every project.  The problem is that I do not know which is a better format for creating a story, “framing” the start with an outline or “discovering” the journey with free writing.  Which do you prefer?  I will go in to that more and provided current examples in next week’s post.

Picture From "Walking Through The Valley.."

     In the meantime, please take a look at the Monthly Writing Prompt and check back next week for a discussion about outlines and free writing.  Plus, I’ll be providing samples of sections from the d20 Adventure along with the great character name that I mentioned in a sneak peak a few weeks back (Thanks Corey).

No comments:

Post a Comment